Wednesday 30 April 2014

easter/end of year treats


(L) 'All That Glitters' (R) 'Mystery'


My palette is slowly filling up!









So I was lucky enough to get money for easter so instead of spending it on boring things like food or cleaning products (who needs those anyway right?) I decided to treat myself for easter and because I have officially finished my first year of university! I handed in my last essay on Monday and it was such a relief. This year has flown by, but I'm lucky enough to still be living in my uni city this term, just to enjoy being independent and spending time with my bestest chums!

Of course my first stop was MAC, I simply cannot go into High Cross shopping centre without picking something up in there. I'm slowly but surely filling up my 15 pan palette so picked up two more shades 'All That Glitters' and 'Mystery' which fit with my neutral theme. I was desperate for another lipstick and after seeing someone instagram a photo of 'Crosswires' I kinda wanted it to be mine right away. It's a new formula compared to my other MAC lipsticks as it's a Cremesheen but still doesn't disappoint on pigmentation or moisturisation. Finally a mascara, something I'd never thought to go to MAC for until I received a tester of the 'Zoom Fast Black Lash' through with an online order and within one use I was sold. It wings out my lashes and gives them incredible length and volume. I like that it has a bristle brush which is tapered meaning that each lash is coated evenly with a strong black colour. 

Next was Topshop in search of something to wear tonight for our first night out back at uni, as soon as I walked through the door I spotted the white crop top with lace flower detailing and knew it was coming home with me. It's a fail safe which can be worn with shorts, jeans or patterned trousers and look great. I can tell I'll be wearing this non-stop in the summer.

Then the Body Shop where I picked up the Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil, a Kate from gh0stparties influenced purchase, am yet to try this, but promises great things! It smells wonderful and has a pump which I love for this sort of cleanser, it means you don't waste a single drop! 

And finally Primark, I just picked up a back up blouse for either tonight or another night, but could also be worn in the day time. It's a muted-fluroescent peach and just compliments my skin tone and hair colour well, I love my blouses and for £8 it was a bargain! Then a pair of simple black earrings to wear tonight or whenever, again for a pound, you can't go wrong. 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. What lovely products. I adore All That Glitters, a gorgeous eyeshadow.

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just beautiful! I'll definitely be getting so much use out of it. xx

      Delete

© BONJOUR KATIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig