Saturday 10 May 2014

battle of the drugstore concealors


*Quick apology for the state of my Collection concealor's packaging, but what can I say? It's well loved!

So both of these concealors can be found in the drug store and have had a fair amount (under-exaggeration much?) of hype online - I have been using the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealor for years so I thought I would try out it's alternative, Maybelline Fit Me Concealor. 

Firstly the Collection offering, where to begin! This concealor has incredible, and I mean incredible coverage, it covers anything from dark under eye circles, to the biggest spot or blemish, it covers anything you throw at it. Not only that but it blends into your foundation well meaning a flawless finish which doesn't draw the eye to the imperfections. In terms of lasting power, it is faultless, it lasts all day with a setting powder and just won't budge which means it is perfect for all skin types, but particularly oily skin like myself. 

Next, its rival, the Maybelline which has a good coverage, but seems more moisturising than the Collection alternative meaning it would be good for those with dryer skin types. It does blend into your foundation well and the 'Fit Me' system allows you to match it well to your skin tone. For durability, I have to say that this just doesn't work for oily skin types, it left me with a shiny residue after just a few hours, even though I powdered so if you have oilier skin, I'd stay well clear, but if you have normal to dryer skin, then I'm sure this would do wonderfully for you. 

For me, I still love the Collection Lasting Perfection and cannot see myself switching to an alternative anytime soon, the quality of this cheap product is just faultless and it covers anything I throw at it and most of all, I know it won't let me down. This isn't to say that the Maybelline alternative isn't a good product, because it is, just not for my skin type, hence why I am sticking to the Collection choice. 

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I love my collection lasting perfection concealer, Its such a bargain! I've recently found myself switching over to the wake me up though as i've been looking a bit tired recently and need that shimmer.. but in terms of covering up spots, collection is the best!

    Ash xxx

    ashleedel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's incredible quality for such a cheap price tag! ooh, I've never tried the wake me up, I tried the foundation but it didn't suit my oily skin but maybe the concealor will suit better! xx

      Delete
  2. great in depth reviews, I haven't tried either of these but I usually like Maybelline products so might give it a try X

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete

© BONJOUR KATIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig