Monday 21 April 2014

condition then shampoo: what's the hype?

I've been seeing a fair few people talking about this on the bloggersphere so thought I'd do a little testing into whether it works. In laments terms, you condition your hair before you shampoo, which sounds crazy right? I was certainly sceptical. It is meant to give your hair more volume and bounce since many conditioners weigh your hair down and can leave you with limp hair that perhaps is only volumous at the ends and not in the roots.

Did it work?
Yes! My hair is naturally fairly volumous but due to the amount of heat I use, it sometimes lack this and conditioning my hair first gave it such a boot, particularly at my roots. I have also found that my hair doesn't need washing as often as left-over conditioner isn't leaving a greasy residue in my hair. I am finding myself using less styling tools to try and create beachy waves, and just spraying my hair with salt spray and letting it dry naturally, it works a treat.

Not only does this little tip add volume but it is also a great in making sure all your conditioner is washed out, meaning you aren't left with heavy, greasy hair, just a day after washing. I think this is an nifty little trick and I'm so glad I came across it. It sounds strange at first, but give it a try and you won't be disappointed.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Hey hun! I tried this out yesterday, worked a treat! I find it so hard get lots volume but this tip defiantly helped! I found my hair was easier to style too!

    www.littlelesscasual.blogspot.co.uk

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad it worked for you too, I have a few people say it has! xo

      Delete

© BONJOUR KATIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig