Wednesday 23 April 2014

one lump or two?












So way back in October last year I was having a browse of 'buyagift.co.uk' for potential christmas presents and came across a voucher which gave two people afternoon tea at Coombe Abbey in Warwickshire, a hotel/restaurant/country park I have been visiting since I was knee high to a grasshopper. It's a beautiful place and I have so many fond memories of walking round there with my family, enjoying a picnic and just spending time together, so I bought the voucher for my Grandma and I to go at a time which suited us. I'd never actually been into the Abbey itself, as general walkers/tourists are not allowed, I'd only walked around the country park so I was excited to see if it was a posh and beautiful as people say. 

It was a wonderful afternoon, the food was delicious, the service was impeccable and the whole atmosphere of the place made you feel as if you were some royal who'd just popped by for a spot of tea. Dreamy. My grandma seemed to really enjoy herself too, I quote "This is one of the nicest and most thoughtful gifts anyone has ever got me", high praise indeed. 

While there I spotted that lovely blossom tree so asked my grandma if she would kindly take a photo so I could do a little OOTD, she said yes so I handed her my Canon 1100d and explained how to take a photo. It was challenging trying to get a good photo, so I resorted to my trusty iPhone and got the snap above - not the best but it does the job!

Wearing:
Black Tights
Grey Cardigan from H&M last year

Had it been warmer, I'd have gone bare legged and worn a pair of heels I have stashed away at home, but c'est la vie! A wonderful afternoon regardless!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BONJOUR KATIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig