Monday 21 April 2014

rimmel smokey purple quad

Rimmel Smoky Purple Quad (£6.99)


Maybelline 'The Falsies' mascara
I was wandering the makeup aisles of Boots recently (again) and saw this quad at the Rimmel counter and it look intriguing. I have never worn purple shadow before, I have pretty much always stuck to my natural browns, taupes and maybe a tiny bit of a cranberry shade if I've feeling rather adventurous. (that term used lightly...)

This quad is actually quite versatile, you can use all 4 shades to create a purple smoky eye or use either of the 'middle' tones as a wash of colour with a tiny bit of the white in the inner corners as a highlight. I love the colours, but I can't lie and say they are super pigmented because they aren't. Don't get me wrong, they are lovely shadows and for someone on a budget or just trying to branch out into new colours (like me) then they are good for that purpose. I am forever saying to my friends that you get what you pay for with makeup with the odd gem in the budget mix, it is worth paying that little bit extra if you know they product is going to be excellent quality, worth your money and not leave you wondering why you bothered paying.

For the price, this quad is good and I will get use out of it, if not using all 4 shadows together but using them all in different ways and I'm glad I bought it just to experiment with new colours instead of always opting for the brown smoky eye.

Would you ever wear purple eyeshadow? What do you think of the quality of Rimmel eyeshadows?


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This looks such a pretty palette, I've been wanting to step into purple eyeshadow and I think this is a great cheapie to start off with :)

    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that purple. It's not ott! Really suits you too :)

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete

© BONJOUR KATIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig