Monday 21 April 2014

who has no self-control? *raises hand*

Once again, whilst browsing the MAC website and putting items into my basket I couldn't help but click "Confirm and Pay". Well who can pass up Free Delivery when is it so easy to spend £30 to qualify? MAC are so diverse in the products they sell, there is something for everyone and your entire makeup bag could be bought from them and you would be as happy as larry.









MAC Pro-Long Wear Paintpot in 'Painterly' (£15) 
MAC Pro-Palette Eyeshadows in 'Vanilla' and 'Mulch' (£10 each) 
MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash Sample (Complementary)

I am a strong lover of the Maybelline Colour Tattoo's and had heard that the MAC alternative was as good, if not better so I decided to take the plunge. As Maybelline do not offer a skin colour/natural base colour, I chose to purchase 'Painterly' which is a pink toned skin coloured cream base which applies like a dream. I simply just use my finger to blend all over my lid up to my brown bone and it leaves a smooth, even surface to apply shadow. On days where I don't want to wear shadow, I will simply use this alone to even out the skin tone on my eyelids. 

I am a big fan of MAC eyeshadows and have a 15 pan palette which I am (although slowly) filling with neutral shades. So far I have Satin Taupe and Charcoal Brown so thought I'd add Vanilla ('a peach ivory with reflects') and Mulch ('a red-brown with bronze peal'). I have a list as long as my arm of MAC eyeshadows to add to my palette and as my birthday is only a month away the names will be passed onto friends and family in the hope of adding to my collection if I am lucky enough! As always, the quality of these eyeshadows are just incredible. They blend well, the pigmentation is insane, the colour range is vast and they last all day - there isn't much more you could ask for! 

I was surprised when opening my black jiffy bag to find a complementary 'Zoom Fast Black Lash' mascara sample which sells for £14 full price. It has a bristel brush which doesn't tug on lashes, but glides through them giving volume and a strong black coating, it can easily be worn with just one coat, or be built up for an even fuller look. From a first try, I am inpressed and am considering buying the full size because £14 is a good price for what you get.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love MAC, particularly their eyeshadows and lipsticks. There are so many lovely shades available. You should definitely check out shades like Patina and Woodwinked as well if you like neutral shades! xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're 100% right, there is so much selection, and the quality is brilliant. Patina and Woodwinked are actually on my wish list, but thank you for our suggestion! xx

      Delete

© BONJOUR KATIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig