Thursday 12 June 2014

shop my stash.


So I've been having a little rumage in my makeup draws over the past few weeks and found a few products that I'd either forgotten about or didn't along with at first and thought I'd show them some love rather than leaving them in my draws to be forgotten about. 

MUA Bronzed Perfection - 
The reason I picked this up in the first place is because I read someone's blog post on how they believed that this was a close dupe for the raved about NARS 'Laguna' Bronzing powder, and for only a few pounds I couldn't resist that bargain. I'm not usually one for bronzer, at any time of year, I tend to stick to contouring and a touch of blush but since the weather is getting warmer (touch wood), I whipped this out and I'm actually surprised with how much I like it. Since I've been starting to use a moisturiser/tan, my face doesn't match my body and this just gives that extra glow that my face needed without being orange or looking fake. Although the packaging is unnecessarily big, I can tell I'll be using this quite a lot this summer.

No.7 Stay Perfect Long Lasting Volume mascara - 
Now I picked this up in Boots on a total whim, I needed a new mascara and thought I'd swerve away from my love, Maybelline 'The Falsies'. At first, I didn't mind the look it gave, it certainly isn't volumous, due to the thin plastic wand, but gives great length and is perfect for every day. My only hang up is when it comes to removing it, which proves extremely difficult. No makeup remover/cleansing oil gets rid of this stuff, I should have been wise enough to read the packaging which clearly states: "Dampen a cotton pad with warm water, hold over lashes for 30 seconds and then just wipe away", silly me. But to be brutally honest, it's a right pig to get off, even when using the advised technique. As it brings off the mascara in clumps and doesn't dissolve it (hoping you understand what I mean here), I worry that it pulls out my lashes with it. I haven't noticed a difference in my lashes, but you never know so I just tread carefully with this!

Rimmel Scandeleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in 'Nude' - 
I picked this up when everyone was going on about lining your waterline with a white or nude eyeliner, did it for a few weeks and then it took a step back in my makeup routine because I simply forgot. Well not any more, I do feel that this gives a new brighter appearance to my eyes, especially when tired. That's all you really need, so I'm happy I rediscovered it. 

Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo in 'On and On Bronze' - 
During A/W this was pretty much an every day staple base for all my eyeshadow looks but come March/April it took a step back for a MAC pain pot. Now I simply use it for a swish of colour if I don't fancy using any powdered eye shadow and then blend it out. As it's so easy to apply and make look good, I have been wearing this almost every day and have fallen in love with it all over again. 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Love this little post! Huge fan of MUA but their bronzers always seem a little dark for me unfortunately:(

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

© BONJOUR KATIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig