Wednesday 4 June 2014

the all round primer

The Body Shop Instablur primer (£14)
This little beauty was only released into The Body Shop a matter of weeks ago, and with high promise, I was quick to pop it into my basket and try it. It promises 5 actions to achieve perfect skin: 12 hour shine control, reducing the appearance of pores, hides blemishes, unifies your complexion and extends the life of makeup. 

I would agree almost 100% with all that it claims, and for someone with oily skin, I'm delighted. It definitely covers my pores leaving my skin soft and smooth ready for foundation and leaves my base looking simply flawless. It does increase the life of my already long lasting foundation base (MAC Studio Fix Fluid), so I know for sure if I'm out all day that I won't be left with patchy, half worn off foundation by 3pm, which is just...yuck! The only claim I wouldn't necessarily agree with is that it hides blemishes... but then again, which transparent primer covers blemishes when worn alone? But a combination of this with concealor/foundation does a great job, so I can't complain. 

This product is definitely a welcome addition to my everyday makeup routine and I am so glad I chose to buy it. Although the price may be out of some peoples budgets (£14 for 25ml), it is worth the price and you don't need a ridiculous amount of product per use so I can see the tube lasting quite a while. I'm not going to hesitate in repurchasing when this runs out as it's a wonderful all round product and definitely the best primer I have tried to date. 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I'm always on the search for the perfect primer so I must try this one! Great post :)

    Kate xo // www.beautybabbles.com

    ReplyDelete

© BONJOUR KATIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig