Thursday 22 May 2014

prom/party summer makeup.






It's coming up to prom season once again and one thing I regret when I got ready for my prom 3 years ago was not making an effort with my makeup. Although I didn't wear much makeup on an everyday basis, I could have made an effort on this special occasion, you only get one prom right?

The look I have created is simple to achieve and can be toned down or brightened up by a few simple changes so is easy to suit every taste. With a airbrushed and long lasting base, shimmery eyes with fluttery lashes, softly contoured cheeks and either a nude or bright lip option, this makeup look is bang on trend for summer and is sure to last a whole day of photographs and night dancing! 

BASE:
I wanted a base which would be sure to last a long time but still looked flawless so I went for my trusty MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW13 which I know won't let me down, even if the weather is hot or humid. T set this, I just dusted a light covering of Rimmel's Stay Matte powder to help keep shine at bay if you have oily skin, but also to set the foundation and making sure it lasts even longer. You could use a primer if you wish, I love Rimmel Fix and Perfect but any mattifying primer will do. I slightly contoured using the fluffy Real Techniques Blush Brush to dust MAC 'Harmony' Blush in a '3' shape along my hair line, cheek bones and jawline so give my face a little shape, but nothing harsh. I gave my cheeks a slight flush with the Seventeen 'First Flush' blush which is gorgeous matte pink which gives a natural flush to the cheeks and photographs well. For a slight highlight I used the middle highlighting shimmer from the Sleek Face Form palette as it's fairly subtle but looks lovely in photographs. 

EYES:
To keep on top of SS14 trends, I went for a shimmery eye using MAC 'All That Glitters' all over the lid with a touch of 'Satin Taupe' in the outer corner and softly blended out. I then used a touch of MAC 'Vanilla' in my inner corner/tear duct and MAC 'Mysery' to line my lash line as it's less harsh that a black liquid or gell eyeliner but still gives the appearance of fuller looking lashes, especially when the line is thickened towards the outer corner. I then used a few coats of my MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash Mascara but the Maybelline 'The Falsies' is a great, and cheaper, alternative for fluttery, false lash looking, lashes. 

LIPS:
For lips I wanted to give two options for those who prefer a nude or bright lip. My to lipstick choices were Revlon 'Pink in the Afternoon'  for a soft 'your lips but better' pink, or MAC 'Impassioned' for a full power pink pout. Both look nice with this look, so just pick which suits your taste. Obviously, this hasn't taken into account dress colour or skin tone, but you know what you like and what works best for you, so go with your gut! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BONJOUR KATIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig