Sunday 2 March 2014

weekly roundup #3

tesco meal deal is totally necessary / coffee and book tower / poorly night in on my lonesome / first wagamama's experience!
So this week I was feeling much better and positive that this would be the week I would finish my first essay! I set myself goals to go to the library at least twice to do work and to complete the essay ready to submit in a months time. I didn't fail! (yes, I'm surprised as you lot.) It took a lot of crying, patience, coffee, food and mental strength but I pushed through and completed this buggar of an essay. Remind me why I picked such a depressing title? It just made me not want to write. 

One day this week, everyone on my course was invited to attend a lecture on the modules available to us next year and to tell us about how to re-enrole and all that jazz which scared me, like a hell of a lot. It feels like only a month or so again that I had all my belongings packed into boxes and was moving into the big bad world. Sometimes I still feel like that anxious girl who had to force herself just to go into the living room to say hello to the people I'd be living with for at least the next year, but then I think of how I am now and I really have pushed my boundaries and am so grateful I did. But anyway, it feels far too early to be thinking about next year, but in reality, I have only 5 weeks of lectures left and then as of April 28th I'll have handed in my last assignment of first year and completed an entire year at university. Scary stuff. 

To treat ourselves for having such a productive week, my friends and I decided to go on a little (I use that term very warily) shopping trip yesterday which may turned into me spending over £100... sorry bank account. - I blame you topshop and boots. Post coming tomorrow on all my purchases. Then as an added couple of extra's we decided to stop at Wagamama's as none of us had ever been before and we  are forever seeing instagram photos of amazing food so we just had to check it out. I was not disappointed in the slightest, the food was so fresh and tasted incredible, will definitely be going back again. Then secondly, as we had so many heavy bags to carry back to the flat, we just had to stop at the pub for a drink, yknow, to give us strength to continue the walk home and stuff... do we really need an excuse? We are students afterall.

Last night (after feeling guilty about spending so much money), I decided to venture into selling a couple of items on ebay which I'd never worn and were just sitting in my wardrobe burning a hole in my purse. I listed two dresses: A Miss Selfridge Grey Cutout Bodycon Style Dress found here and a Miss Guided Black Shift Dress found here. Both size 8, both never worn, both true to size and are from a pet and smoke free home. 

March Goals
As we're now in March, where the heck has the time gone?!, I felt it appropriate and useful for my myself to write some goals I wish to achieve in March:
- Complete two more essays ready to be handed in on April 4th.
- End the day thinking of at least one positive thing that happened that day.
- Take better care of my hair - less heat, use a hair mask once a week, wash every other day as opposed to every day, etc.
- Utilise my time more effectively - be productive!
- Read more instead of constantly staring at a laptop/phone/ipad screen.

I shall update you next month on how I did with these! 

Have you had a nice week? Would you like to see outfit posts of what I bought and how I would style them? 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BONJOUR KATIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig