Wednesday 26 February 2014

"orangey reds"


Topshop 'Infrared'
MAC 'Lady Danger'
 More often that not, recently I have found myself constantly reaching for orange toned reds in a pathetic attempt to bring sunnier weather (which worked today, but this was purely coincidence) and now try and steer clear from deep reds such as Russian Red or Rimmel Kate Moss 107 which were firm favourites right the way through autumn/winter. 

Whether you prefer matte or a more sheer finish, both of these offerings have something for you. In the day, I tend to reach for Infrared as it gives a nice wash of colour which can be built up with more than one stroke across the lips so I love how versatile this lipstick is. It's an easy way to bring a pop of colour to a neutral eye and I pretty much wear this everyday to uni nowadays. 

On nights out or if I'm having a casual evening at the pub I go for Lady Danger because of it's lasting power and high pigmentation both due to the matte formula. It's difficult to wear this lipstick with dry lips as it does tend to drag across when applying but with a good base achieved using a lip scrub (I love Lush's bubblegum lip scrub) and a good lip balm (I reach for Carmex Cherry or Burts Bee's peppermint lip balm) then it drags less, your lips look smooth and the colour still lasts wonderfully with this firm base.

I love both these lipsticks equally but for obvious, very different reasons but I don't feel my collection would be complete without either!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BONJOUR KATIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig