Saturday 15 February 2014

weekly roundup #1


a couple of monday treats / the most fluorescent nails (models own - hedonist) / boring historical/contemporary issues lecture is boring / homemade butternut squash soup / if you can't wear a red lip on valentine's day, when can you? / treats in the form of pancakes for a loner on v-day morning / valentine's dessert for 4 anyone? / how did i forget this pink beauty in my collection?

This week, knowing I wanted to start this mini series, I vowed to take more 'on the go' photos. I always want to but chicken out when it comes to people staring if I take a photo of something I find unique or interesting but that stopped this week and I embraced photography! It's so handy having a decent camera on my phone (iPhone 5) because I know I can take snaps that are of reasonable quality and now have to carry around my Canon everywhere which is of course extremely impractical. 

This week has obviously had a massive focus on love and valentine's day which I'm sure has been the same for everyone, so this week I decided to treat myself to feel a little bit better! Plus some of the girls at uni (who all happen to be in relationships, how ironic) and I decided to go for some food at the uni pub and ended up drinking cocktails and eating the most amazing desserts. 

I'm finally making decent headway on my 4, yes, 4 essays due in March/April so I'm glad that I'm no longer procrastinating and doing my best to get the best grades I can this year. Even though this first year of my degree counts for nothing when it comes to my overall degree, I still want to do the best I can so I can do the modules I want next year. 

I've been wearing a lot of red lipstick recently, as obviously the weather has been freezing but I found the beauty that is 'Impassioned' by MAC that I completely forgot I had in my collection so I have decided to wack it out and embrace pink lips as we move into Spring (I can say that right? - I'm clinging onto the idea that warmer weather and lack of wind will be here soon)

Have you seen my post from Wednesday? Although Valentine's day is over, the look I created is still great for this time of the year! So here is the post. 

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Hey :) I love your blog so I nominated you for an award over on mine!

    http://cestlauren.blogspot.co.nz/ xx

    ReplyDelete

© BONJOUR KATIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig