Friday 7 March 2014

mac #217 dupe




I recently saw that Islay (Islaay) wrote a blog post about some MAC 217 brush dupes that she found on eBay and recommended, you can find the blog post here and the eBay link here. So of course, for the amazing price of just 99p each (!!) I couldn't refuse that sort of offer and even if the brushes were under par then I'd have only lost pence per brush. Although the brushes have been sent all the way from Hong Kong, they didn't take long to arrive and since I was in no dire need for them, I didn't mind waiting at all. 

I am very impressed with the quality of these brushes for the cheap price, they are so soft and seem like they will blend eyeshadow effortlessly and wash well (although I am yet to do either yet). Comparing to the original MAC 217 brush, the bristles are slightly longer, which I don't mind at all and the 'stem' of the brush (where you hold - I think it's called that, correct me if I'm wrong..) is slightly thicker, which again I don't mind at all. 

For the price, they are very very good dupes for someone just getting into makeup, if you love a good blending brush, or hate cleaning your brushes regularly (like me!). I bought two of these but I am tempted to order a few more because I'm so impressed and on a student budget I can't afford to stock up on real MAC 217's.

(On nails is Ciate 'Pepperminty')
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Ooooh, that is so cheap! I hope they work aswell was the Mac brushes :)

    Sian | Sian Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're amazing value for money - definitely worth buying a few, even if just for travelling or back ups! xx

    ReplyDelete

© BONJOUR KATIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig