Wednesday 1 July 2015

Current Skincare


I by no means have perfect skin, or am a skin care expert, I just thought I'd show what has recently been working for me moving int the summer months! For your reference, I have oily skin and am usually sporting some spots around my chin area but I've narrowed that down to a lack of fibre and not drinking enough water and since changing my diet and adding a certain tonic back into my routine, this has improved dramatically! 

Morning
In the morning I simply cleanse/wash my face with the Body Shop's Camomile Cleansing butter which I have raved about lots on this blog already so I won't go into detail. It leaves my face squeaky clean and locks in a boost of moisture. 
I then swipe half a cotton pad of the Pixi Glow Tonic over my face concentrating on my T-Zone but I just swiz it all over really. A few months ago I stopped using this as I saw it as an unnecessary step to my routine, how wrong was I?! My skin seemed so dull, my makeup didn't sit as well and I seemed to get a lot more clogged pores and spots. I quickly reintroduced it and my skin is improving daily. 
I finally moisturise with the Garnier Moisture Matte moisturiser for combination/oily skin which is a gel-like formula which absorbs into the skin very quickly and is a nice matte base for my makeup to sit on. I wouldn't say it completely stops my shine but I have very oily skin and nothing does that except a good setting powder! 

Evening
To remove my makeup I simply use a miceller water, this one is the Boots Botanics 3 in 1 cleansing miceller water but I also love the Garnier one - anyone really!
I then moisturise with the Garnier Moisture and Restore Night Cream, I love this as it isn't thick like normal night creams (it's a gel formula) but it still delivers lots of moisture into my skin to give it a boost overnight. It's lovely and light which is perfect for the summer as noone wants a thick cream settling on your skin in this weather! 

As you can tell, I don't spend ridiculous amounts of money on skin care cause a) I'm a poor student and b) I don't think you need to spend £60 on a serum, there are good products on the high street for affordable prices! I'm happy with this routine for these summer months and as I said, my skin is improving more and more each day :) 

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love TBS Camomile Cleansing Balm, a fantastic cleanser. I have the Pixi Glow Tonic too but not used it yet!

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete

© BONJOUR KATIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig