Wednesday 15 July 2015

A Primer Water?

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water (£20)
Until last year I was battling oily skin/the sweaty look without the use of a primer. Yeah. Bad move. But until now I've always stuck to more 'traditional' formulations such as the Benefit Porefessional or my ultimate favourite The Body Shop Instablur which you blend over your face and usually contain silcone to mask pores and create a good base for your foundation and any steps to follow. As soon as I heard about the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water I was intrigued at how a mist could create that smooth base that keeps my makeup lasting until I'm ready to take it off. 

I use this sparingly, one/two pumps is enough for my whole face, otherwise you're left wafting your hands around for 10 minutes while it dries - abit of a time waster. It feels lovely a cooling on your face and really gives you that extra boost of freshness to wake you up, lovely. As far as making my makeup last longer? I'm not too sure, particularly with  my oily skin, but it does give a lovely dewiness to my skin and makes even heavy foundations such as my fave MAC Studio Fix, give a lovely satin/dewy finish. For me it is a nice extra step to my routine but if I definitely want a fail safe product that is sure to make sure my makeup doesn't budge, I'd prefer to go for my Body Shop Instablur, but for everyday this is a lovely product perfect for warmer months in particular. But, the way I like to use this most is to moisten my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge for buffing in my concealor. It just lets to sponge do all the hard work, makes my concealor blend effortlessly without looking cakey. I can use my Seventeen Phwoarr Paint on my blemishes and it hides them completely and still gives a beautiful finish. It's fab! This is my favourite use of his product and if you buy it, I recommend you try it!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BONJOUR KATIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig