Friday 17 July 2015

My First Experience of Yoga


I'm writing this post primarily so I can look back on it if (read: when) I lose my way a little so I can reflect on how this made me feel and I can go back to feeling good and at peace again.

I woke up today with the intention of going on a bike ride but work up too late to know that I would be back in time to shower, get ready and drive to work. So I spent around 10 minutes talking myself into doing something to give me some 'get up and go' but nothing too exhaustive cause I was feeling super tired haha. I've been subscribed to 'Yoga with Adriene' for about a month now and have yet to do any of her routines, and now I'm wondering why?? 

I thought I'd start with something tailored for the morning so chose her "Morning Yoga - Yoga to Start Your Day' routine which is a measly 27 minutes long, clearly there's no excuse not to do something in the morning. I actually went through the routine and by the end was thinking "is that it?! has it really been half an hour?!" when in the past I usually am counting down the minutes until the workout is over! 

It really stretched out my body, got all my muscles awake for the day, gave me a bit of a sweat, engaged my core, my mind, and spirit, and encouraged me to set myself a goal for the day. It wasn't too strenuous for mornings but also gave me the wake up and shake up I needed to get ready and face the day ahead (which I know is going to be a long and tiring one). Now I feel ready to tackle on my day with my 'goal' set during yoga still firmly at the forefront of my mind, and I really feel like this will keep me going throughout the day. 

Next I'm intrigued to try her 'Yoga For Complete Beginners' video cause that is most definitely me and I'm interested to find out more about yoga, and also I wish to see if there is a routine for anxiety and for bedtimes, I think these would be beneficial to have in my 'bank' of routines to whip out at the appropriate time. 

Note to self: Keep referring back to this post and remember how good this first day of yoga was! Remember how flexible you used to be when you danced and aspire to gain some flexibility back - that will come with time and practice! Stay calm.

x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BONJOUR KATIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig