Sunday 21 June 2015

The Two Product Smoky Eye


I'm all for a smoky eye, especially when it's as easy as 5 minutes, a quick blend and you're away. This smoky eye is perfectly subtle for everyday but also a bit more 'done up' than a bare eye - a happy medium. You should all know my love of eyeshadow bases by now so it will come as no surprise to you that the main feature of this look is Maybelline's 24hr Colour Tattoo in 'On and On Bronze'. (Also before we start can we please ignore the fact that I really need to pluck my eyebrows, and the two products doesn't include mascara and eyebrow products cause then this would be a hell of a long post!)

This look is so easy, I simply apply a layer of the eye base, blend, then build up the colour in stages focusing at the lashline and blending between each layer. Then if you like (and I have done here), you can deepen up the lashline with a dark brown eyeshadow which makes your lashes look fuller and gives a deeper smoke to the eye. I then draw the eye base under my eye, I like to bring the colour quite low but you can do whatever you fancy, even leave this stage out if you don't like colour under the eyes! The beauty of this look is that it doesnt need to be neat, if it gets smudged throughout the day it doesn't matter, and this is just a basic starting point, you can add a feline flick, more smoke, a heavy inner corner highlight or whatever you like! This is one of my go-to eye looks as it takes seconds and looks like you've put in effort!  

x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BONJOUR KATIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig