Friday 12 June 2015

Eye Bases


If you follow me on various social media you'll probably know my love of eyeshadow bases, they're just so EASY! So I thought I'd dedicate a whole post to the ones I own and how I use them! 

First up are my MAC Pro Longwear Paintpots in 'Painterly' (middle) and 'Barestudy' (to the left of painterly). Painterly is one of my most used simply because it matches my natural eyelid colour perfectly and covers all my veins and imperfections. It helps any powder eyeshadows I use to stick and the colours to pop whilst not removing the blendability of the shadows. Barestudy is a beautiful champagne shade with gold shimmer which works wonderfully all over the lid as a wash of colour with a warm toned contour through the crease and lashings of mascara. MAC paintpots are super longlasting and wonderfully pigmented. 

Next are my three Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo's in the shades 'On and On Bronze', 'Pink Gold', and 'Permanent Taupe'. On and On Bronze is exactly what the name suggests, bronze which can be washed all over the lid or build up and blended out to be pretty smoky. I adore this in the autumn and winter smoked out with a black eyeshadow along the lashline, so easy but looks like you've spent ages applying shadows and blending them out - winner! Pink Gold is my least used shade, I bought it on a bit of a whim really and have only used it a few times! I think it would work really well the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette because of the rose gold tones. Permanent Taupe is fab as a liner with a bare lid and smoked out along the lashline for a bare eye with a twist. The 24hr colour tattoos are quite waxy in formulation but this makes them extremely longlasting, they don't crease or budge all day which is fab. 

Seventeen's eye base in 'Wild Nude' is a beautiful taupe which can be used very similarly to 'on and on bronze', the formulation of this is extremely creamy as so easy to blend which means I love using it on days where I have very little time! 

The Max Factor Excess Shimmer in the shade 'Copper' has a mousse like formula which initially gives a subtle wash of bronze shimmer but can be build up to a more opaque finish which sets and stays in place. 

As you can tell I don't just use eye bases as a base, I utilise the different texture and formulation which each brand takes on and use them to my advantage! I'm always on the look out for more eye bases so send your recommendations my way! 

x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BONJOUR KATIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig