Saturday 18 April 2015

Review | Sleek Brow Stylist


I've always been a 'Mac Omega and a 266 brush' kinda gal but after seeing the love everyone has for the Hourglass brow sculpting pencil I went on the hunt for a more budget friendly option. Obviously I can't compare this Sleek Brow Stylist to the Hourglass offering as I haven't tried it but as far as I'm concerned the Sleek one is fab. Here's why...

I had never used a spoolie until buying this product and it has seriously changed the look to my brows. It allows me to comb the hairs through before applying any product and then during application in order to sheer out the product and leave no harsh lines. This means that I can still get full brows but ones that look far more natural.

Most brow products in the drugstore are extremely orangey and red tones which doesn't work for most people. You may as well use bronzer on your brows, amiright?! Although the colour range isn't great, I found that the medium shade is actually a pretty good match for me, and is quite ashy toned but also has hints of red tones which works with my hair colour. 

I've always been scared of pencils because they have the potential to be extremely harsh (I found out the hard way - see my previous blog post on my brow history) but this pencil is very different to the one's I've tried before. It's quite waxy but also sets like a powder so you can sheer this out and also build up the colour to your desire. It's got a triangle sort of shape which is good because you can get precision on the tail of your brows but can cover a lot in one go on the full part of your brows, the shape works very well. 

Overall, I am a total convert to this way of doing my brows, it's so easy and carrying one product for travelling is so much easier than carting around brushes and eyeshadows. This is a definite repurchase and if you're in the market for a budget brow option (it's only's £5.99!) then I suggest heading to your nearest Sleek counter because you won't be disappointed. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BONJOUR KATIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig