Thursday 7 August 2014

Skincare Splurge


Isn't it just sods laws that almost all your skin care will run out at once? I recently found myself running low on cleanser and my facemask and took to the online shops to buy replacements and ended up with a few extras thanks to discounts and free gifts. 

I have never used a toner. Whenever wanting to exfoliate my skin I've used horribly harsh facial scrubs which left my face feeling stripped and dry. Not a pleasant experience. I've seen Zoe (from Zoella) talk about this liquid exfoliant/tonic water which claims to "tone, smooth and refine skin's texture". She, and Caroline Hirons (skincare goddess) speak highly of it and as my as my routine was missing a toner it was quickly added to my basket. 

After finishing yet another bottle of the Soap and Glory 'Peaches and Clean' cream cleanser, I felt like a bit of a change so took to the body shop. There's so many to choose from, but as I am using this cleanser in the morning and not to remove makeup, I just wanted something gentle which leaves my skin clean an soft in the morning, and this claims to do so.

This was a free gift as I ordered over a certain amount of goods and as a full size product I'm happy! This will be great to pop in my handbag and smells dreamy.

As a long time contender on my wish list, I finally took the plunge and ordered this little orange beauty. Smells divine and contains Vitamin C and Caffeine to wake me up in the mornings; an essential for 9 o'clock lectures and the day after the night before...

Another product influenced by Zoe, but another skincare item that needed to be replaced. I've never tried a heating clay mask before so this was new to me but I love it! It feels great when applied and within minutes it has cooled and is ready to be rinsed off, meaning it gives you a spa like feel but in a fraction of the time. It left my skin feeling so smooth and clear and didn't break me out or cause me to have even oilier skin than usual. A total winner. 

Along with all of these, I also bought The Body Shop Seaweed Purifying Facial Cleanser and Day Cream for my boyfriend. (Do I win extra girlriend/blogger points for sorting out a bit of a skincare routine for him?) 

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I Really want the pixi glow tonic!! And everything in TBS vitamin E range is amazing :)

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I've used of it, I really like it! And love the cleanser too, such a great buy! :) x

      Delete

© BONJOUR KATIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig