Tuesday 26 August 2014

15 Things I Wish I'd Known At 15




Today I was inspired by Polly, who had visited the Heartbreak hotel at Southbank in London while the 'festival of love' is going on. She shared on twitter some images from the exhibit titled "Things I wish I'd Known At 15" and I found myself interested in the wide range of statements made on a range of topics so I thought I'd compile my own list of things I wish I'd known at 15. 
  1. Not all friends will stick around but once you’ve found the right ones, they’ll last a lifetime.
  2. Revision isn’t all about reading books and copying up notes, past papers are the key to success.
  3. You’ll think you’ve found the love of your life but sometimes you couldn’t be more wrong.
  4. Take risks. You’ll never know unless you try.
  5. Take your time. You don’t need to rush into growing up and entering the adult world. When it’s your time you’ll regret the times you forgot to be a child.
  6. Your thoughts will destroy you if you let them.
  7. You won’t always be a size 8, and that’s okay.
  8. Don’t be so trusting, but also don’t stop trusting.
  9. Listen more. Everyone has a story to tell.
  10. Stop trying to please everyone, you can’t make everyone happy even if you want to.
  11. Vodka isn’t the answer to your problems, it just leads to more regrets.
  12. Don’t stop doing what you love. Be passionate and screw anyone who doesn’t accept that.
  13. You’ll never see what others see when they look at you. Just because you don’t see it, that doesn’t mean it’s not true.
  14. Trust your instinct, it’s there for a reason.
  15. You’ll reach your goals. The journey will have hiccups and will probably take longer than expected but trust that you’ll get there if you keep trying.

I might only be 19 years old, with most of my life still to live but I've learnt so much in the past 5 years in particular that I feel they are still worth sharing. It'll be good to look back on this in perhaps another 5 years and see yet again how my outlook on the world has changed. We can choose to never stop learning and that's exactly what I intend to do. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BONJOUR KATIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig