Sunday 13 July 2014

// CRAB PASTA //

I love cooking and baking, but when it comes to food, I've always been someone that wants to try new things but is a little scared of wasting it if it doesn't take my fancy. But, I'm branching out and this summer I intend on finding lots more foods that I like and improving my palette. (Also an excuse to drag along my boyfriend to restaurants to try things too!) My Grandma also loves cooking and one of the recipes we love to cook together, I actually wrote a blog post about, it was a delicious Chicken, Chorizo and Lemon Linguine and I make this at uni for myself too, so quick, relatively cheap and tastes great. 

I like fish but again, have never really branched out from your regular cod/haddock/tuna/salmon and when my grandma said she'd bought some crab we quickly scoured her recipe books and this is what we came up with. Big apologies for the iPhone/Instagram snap but I had no intention of blogging this recipe until I was scrolling through my instagram feed (anyone else do this?) and remembered how delicious it was and thought to share it with you. 


for two people, you will need // 

  • 100-150g Linguine/Spaghetti (depending on how big you want your portions)
  • 1 garlic clove
  • Spring onions (we used about 10)
  • Cherry tomatoes (we used around 15)
  • 100g dressed white crab
  • Chilli flakes (to taste)
  • Lemon juice (about a tablespoon)
  • Tomato puree - to thicken and help coat the pasta
  • Fresh parsley - as an optional garnish
method //
  1. Put the water for the pasta on to boil, then chop the tomatoes/spring onions and crush the garlic, and then fry in a little oil until soft. 
  2. Once the pasta is cooked to your liking, drain and then add the tomatoes/spring onions/garlic mixture, the chilli flakes, lemon juice and the crab and stir together. If the 'sauce' isn't quite coating all the pasta then add some tomato puree (or tomato ketchup if you have to puree).
  3. Heat through for about 2 minutes and then serve with a garnish of fresh parsley
per portion, it works out at around 266 calories so not bad considering you're using pasta! It's a light pasta dish which would be perfect as a big lunch or light dinner and as you can see, is so quick and easy to make. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BONJOUR KATIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig