Tuesday 22 July 2014

// ALL ABOUT BROWS //

I was recently inspired by the wonderful Anna from ViviannaDoesMakeup and her video about her brow history and thought I'd create a blog post sharing photo's of how my eyebrows have come to what they are today and how I keep them in check! So be prepared for a few embarrassing photos and a few brow disasters...


June 2011 - Year 11 prom

So these are the brows I started with, pretty bushy, literally no shape but a tad sparse in areas and this is how they stayed until I realised just how horrific they were and that everyone around me was taming theirs and I wasn't.

Although despite this, it took until January 2013 to finally ‘borrow’ my Mum’s tweezers and give plucking a go. After watching numerous YouTube videos and gaining inspiration from some of my favourite beauty bloggers/vloggers I ended up with this…


Yeah, over plucked into a rounded line and then filled in with a rogue brown eyeshadow I had. But I remember this day so well, I went into town with my Mum and felt über confident with my new brows. If only I knew how awful they looked.


In February 2013 they improved slightly, with a little more shape as I begun growing them out a little, but still I was apparently a fan of the arched line, but not in a stylish way.


In May 2013 I bought a MAC 266 brush which transformed my brows no end and by July 2013 I had an actual shape to my brows, hurrah! I was well in the depths of filling them in with MAC’s Charcoal Brown eyeshadow and to be honest, they don’t look too bad.


But instead of leaving them be, according to this photo I wanted a more ‘square’ shape to the fronts, but this was the complete wrong way of going about it.


By October I’d realised the error of my ways and they look alright again. I had dark hair at this point so loved a strong dark brow. They looked okay, but a little too unnatural for my current liking.


June 2014 saw a lighter hand with my shadow and a good arch which was a great improvement and I like how my brows look here.




These are two recent photos where I am pretty happy with how my brows look, although they are obviously given a little nudge with the help of some shadow, they don’t look ‘drawn on’ with the likes of a dark brown pencil so I’m satisfied.



As I'm growing out to my natural light brown hair, I use a MAC 266 with Charcoal Brown eyeshadow to start and create the main shape and arch of my brown but focus the product mainly on the underside of my brows and the tail end. Then I simply use ‘Naked 2’ shadow from the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette to build up the fronts and top edge of my brows. I feel like this works well and gives the effect I desire. For now, this is how I want my brows and seems to be fairly ‘on trend’ with the bushy brow look. I’ll never have wonderfully busy brows but at least I can give a little of that effect and keep them looking tamed and in check. I don’t wax or thread, simply pluck any stray hairs every 4 days or so, this way I’m still growing them as much as I can from my 2013 disaster but keep them looking neat and tidy.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BONJOUR KATIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig