Sunday 27 January 2013

New Buys #1

So I finally paid off my £300 debt with my grandma (she kindly leant me the money to buy an iPad, so I have been paying her back for months) and now I'm getting money on a weekly basis, I can't stop spending!
As always, I went straight to Superdrug to browse and buy some makeup products that I'd seen other bbloggers, particularly Stef and Sara who are my absolute favourites. I suggest you check them out, Sarah also has a YouTube channel which is where I learnt skills to fine tune my makeup routine!

So the first product I saw Stef using which caught my eye, is an eyebrow pencil with a comb on the lid by Rimmel.

The shade I bought was "002 Hazel" but there are shades to suit everyone's shade of hair. The retail price was only £2.99 which I feel is an absolute bargain, particularly for me as I needed a comb and a pencil to help make the tail of my brows more precise and Rimmel have created this handy all-in-one.


The second product I bought is something I came across on the Superdrug website when I was having a browse for a new eye shadow palette as I'm yet to find one that I love. I have recently been lusting after the Naked palette (isn't everyone?!) but I simply cannot afford it at the minute so I was looking for something of a similar style and I think I have found it and for just a fraction of the price! The reviews on the Superdrug website featured people saying the colours were similar to the Naked palette and for £4 (yes, £4!) I thought I had nothing to lose.
I present the MUA 'undressed' palette.

Some colours are shimmery where others are matte which I love as I'm fed up of wearing shimmery colours everyday and on occasion, fancy something more nude. I tried this palette for the first time today and am really impressed. The colours are pretty pigmented and the different shades are a wonderful change to my previous everyday eye shadows. I used this video by Sara to do my makeup today, she uses the Naked palette so I used the colours I thought were most similar and the finished makeup looked almost the same, but still looked lovely (I thought so anyway!) and obviously people wouldn't know that I hadn't used the Naked palette, eheh! So as you can tell, I'm really loving this product and would recommend it to anyone, plus it's so cheap that even people on a limited budget can afford it and create so many great eye looks.

In addition to the MUA palette, I bought a single pressed eyeshadow, a deeper matter brown which didn't feature in the palette; for just £1. 
Again, this shade is a good addition to the 'Undressed' palette and for only £1, you can't go wrong!

Last, but certainly not least, a lipstick from Barry M. I've been after a bright red lipstick for a while and after buying a few that looked red on the packaging but were more pink when applied to the lips, I have finally found the right shade! Hurrah! Ideally, I would buy a MAC lipstick, but due to a budget at the minute, I shopped around for a cheaper alternative and good old Barry M sorted me out with the shade 'Pillarbox Red'. 


The lipsticks from Barry M are very pigmented which I love and smooth onto the lips very easily. Unfortunately if you have dry or cracked lips, any imperfections show up where the lipstick hasn't got into the cracks, but as long as you keep you lips soft using Vaseline or other lip balm, then these lipsticks are great. I always feel that the swatches on the stand are very accurate to what the actual product looks like and for only £4.49 they are good value for money. 

So, that concludes the products I bought the other day and I hope you found my reviews useful. Please have a look at the girls blogs I mentioned above as they are two that I check for updates on a daily basis, and love the content they post! 
Please become a member of my blog (You can do this on the right) and feel free to comment if you have used any of these products, recommend any other products or even feedback on what content I post; I would really appreciate it. (You can even comment anonymously if you wish.)
I have also made a new twitter account specifically for this blog: @bonjourkatie_, follow me to be updated with everything to do this blog and give suggestions on what to post.
Thank you to the people who view my blog, and I hope you'll continue reading.

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. awww thanks lovely! hope you like the eyebrow pencil! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no need to thank me! Thank you for commenting on my post :) xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you!
    I already have entered your giveaway, fingers crossed! :)

    ReplyDelete

© BONJOUR KATIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig