Sunday 9 August 2015

Sunday Musings: Flat Decor

With my move in being only 23 days away (not that I'm counting) (or that I have a countdown app on my phone), I can't help my mind but wander to all this decor, home ware, and ways to transform my student studio flat into a lovely space for me to feel at home in for the next year. I already adore pinterest but I am constantly scrolling through beautiful pictures, articles, and inspiration for all things homey.

One thing I really need to be organised and tidy is my desk so I have an entire pinterest board titled 'Bonjour Desk Inspiration' (can you tell I have a theme with my usernames, blog name, everything really...).

found on burkatron.com
How beautiful is this setup?! I adore the DIY mesh notice board, it's something super simple to make and is super effective, not only in being very useful, but also by looking so chic. I'm an avid lover of Caroline's blog, especially her DIY's which are always so cool! 


I LOVE this desk lamp! I'm really into my greys so it would really tie in with the theme I've got going on. I also like the print in the frame, I have a black frame which is filled with 4xA5 limited edition prints by the one and only Polly Vadasz  (see her shop http://www.sighh.co) and I can't wait for it to take pride of place on my desk. 


This photo is courtesy of @hayerlily on instagram and is used to illustrate my new bedding (shown in the photo) which has been sat untouched for months just waiting to go on my new bed! I'm also a massive fan of throws and lots of cushions cause it just makes a room feel so much more cosy! I think my boyfriend disagrees when we have to move approx. 769 cushions to get into bed though hehe! 


Finally is plants and flowers! A way to inject a bit of colour and life into a room and don't they just look so cute! There's a trip to Ikea on the cards and hopefully they'll have some succulents there, as well as some other cute items! 

If anyone knows of anywhere to buy nice but cheap matching kettle/toaster sets then please let me know cause I'm in the market for one! I can't wait to move in, a flat tour is definitely on the cards :)

x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BONJOUR KATIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig