Tuesday 2 September 2014

Review | Anker Astro Mini External USB Charger

Anker Astro Mini External USB Charger

This little beauty is new to my handbag but something that I feel deserves a whole blog post of its own cause it's just that great. Hold onto your hats, people.

Have you ever gone on a trip out and run out of battery half way through the day? Are you a keen iPhone photographer and are always draining your battery taking photos? Or are you just a tweetaholic who cant make a full charge last all day? Of course you are, well here is the answer to your problems. A very simple device but one which is well worth buying. 

Price
As I bought this from Amazon, I ended up getting a great deal as the RRP is £39.99 and I only paid £13.99, with free delivery! I have no idea how long this offer will last for so I suggest if you consider buying it after reading this post then dive in quick.

Power
I have an iPhone 5 so can only speak on how it performs with this model of phone, but I managed to gain a full charge, 0% to 100%, from this little bad boy but it can cope with 2 to 3 half/part charges before it dies. To charge the charger itself, you simply plug the charging lead provided into the powerpack and then into a USB charger (such as the plug of an iPhone charger) and it charges on its own. It only takes a few hours to fully charge which is great but I tend to charge it overnight ready to go straight back into my handbag.

Size
As you can see from the photo above, it is only just bigger than the average lipstick which is pretty impressive as it can easily be slid into a handbag and not take up much room. It comes with its own little mesh bag to keep it in and this is big enough to fit an iPhone lead in too. Although the iPhone cable was not provided, I'm not too bothered as I can order a cheap one online somewhere just to keep in my bag. 

Overall I am so so impressed with this little charger, it is a permanent item in my handbag and has already proved invaluable. I can only imagine that when I'm back at university and spending lots of time on campus that this will come in very handy. It's well worth the money, especially with the discounted price, and I'm going to get lots of use out of it. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BONJOUR KATIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig