Thursday 18 September 2014

Gratitude

Source
The past few weeks have been extremely stressful to say the least. I've spent them tying up loose ends at home, moving into a brand new house and spending 4 days completely alone to figure things out. The time alone consisted of a broken shower, a late night call to my boyfriend to come keep me company the first night because I want utterly terrified and spending my days extremely anxious and on edge due to the sheer amount of things I'm meant to be juggling this academic year. 

Finally I'm feeling better after refusing to live in 'ignorant bliss' and sorting everything out. This year finally seems 'possible' and it's going to be bloody tough but I know I can do it even though it's going to be completely different to last year.

I thought I'd take some time to reflect on what I'm grateful for. I made a list when I was feeling down, just to keep myself grounded and realise that in the grand scheme of things, I'm doing alright. 

1. Family. My wonderful, caring, selfless family. They're always there for me and supporting me in whatever way they can. I'm not going to be able to go home to see them as often this year but I know they're only a phone call or skype call away so that's reassuring.

2. My boyfriend, He's also incredibly supportive of my studies and getting a job too. I love how he never fails to make me laugh no matter how crap I feel, how he thinks I look cute when I've just woken up and is always being his silly self.

3. My friends. Both at home and at uni I've got a great support network of friends who are all up for a laugh and there to pick each other up when we're down. They make life at uni ten times more amazing and I can't wait for more memories with them this year!

4. My degree. I'm incredibly lucky to be studying a course that I love and at my dream university. I'm so grateful that I get the chance to achieve my career goal.

5. Accommodation. We've got a good house at a good price and yeah, it's not incredibly and has its flaws but I have a roof over my head, clothes on my back and food on my table which is so much more than a lot of others. 

Those are the big things but I'm grateful for so many little things too like: the first cup of tea in the morning, my phone, cosy nights in watching the tv, fairy lights, and my comfy chelsea boots which I can't wait to make another appearance this autumn/winter. 

Writing that list has honestly made me feel so grounded and to realise that life for me is actually pretty good. It's rewarding to remember the greater things and obviously I encourage anyone to do that same!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BONJOUR KATIE. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig